Emotional Quotient Inventory® 2.0 (EQ-i® 2.0)
Author/s: Multi-Health Systems (MHS), based on the Bar-On EQ-i® model by Reuven Bar-On, 1997
|Purpose||To scientifically measure emotional intelligence|
|Administer To||Individuals 18 years and older|
|Reading/Education Level||4th Grade (US English)|
|Administration Time||20 -30 minutes (133 items)|
|Scoring Options||User Portal / Online / Client Services|
|International Qualification Level||B|
|Training||Compulsory 2-day Accreditation Training|
|Language/s:||English, Spanish (European), Portuguese (Brazilian), French (Canadian)|
The EQ-i® 2.0 is one of the most advanced and thoroughly researched measure of emotional intelligence in the assessment industry. This tool is indispensable for personal, professional and leadership development, and for recruiting high performing talent.
The EQ-i® 2.0 measures a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way people perceive and express themselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way. The EQ-i® 2.0 highlights an individual’s emotional and social strengths and weaknesses. A growing body of research suggests that emotional intelligence is a key determinant of success in life.
The EQ-i® 2.0 includes five validity indices rendering a Total Emotional Intelligence score plus the following component scores:
- SELF-PERCEPTION (Self-Regard, Self-Actualization, Emotional Self-Awareness)
- SELF-EXPRESSION (Emotional Expression, Assertiveness, Independence)
- INTERPERSONAL (Interpersonal Relationships, Empathy, Social Responsibility)
- DECISION MAKING (Problem Solving, Reality Testing, Impulse Control)
- STRESS MANAGEMENT (Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Optimism)
- WELL-BEING INDICATOR (Happiness)
Areas of Application
- The EQ-i® 2.0 can be used in corporate, educational, counselling/therapeutic, forensic, medical, clinical, human resource, and research settings.
- It can assess a client’s general degree of emotional intelligence, potential for emotional health, and present psychological well-being.
- It can be applied to map out areas that need further exploration in the assessment process and to evaluate the successfulness of psychological intervention.
- WORKPLACE REPORT: This report focuses on the impact of emotional intelligence at work and offers suggestions for working with colleagues, supervisors and clients. A coach and a client report are generated for each candidate.
- EQ 360 2.0 REPORT: The multi-rater feedback report combines the rater results and compares them to the participant’s self-ratings.
- LEADERSHIP REPORT: This report is rich with leadership-specific information – including the option to compare a client’s results against other top leaders.
South African RESEARCH
South African norms are available for the Emotional Quotient Inventory® 2.0 (EQ-i® 2.0). South African Research using the EQ-i® is available in a broad range of areas including leadership, academic performance, well-being, stress management, customer service ability and its relationship to derailment. JvR Psychometrics is also happy to partner with clients who are interested in conducting predictive studies in their organisations.
Terms and Conditions
- Additional fees will be applicable when requesting Client Services to assist with administration (only applicable where user portals are available and a client chooses not to make use of this facility)
- Material / Reports only available to suitably qualified users
- Prices as quoted may change without prior notice
- Errors and omissions excepted
- Courier costs are not included in the above quoted prices
- JvR may have to order some of the above items. In such instances delivery times will be extended
Copyright © 2004 – 2013 Multi-Health Systems Inc. All rights Reserved.